Last Updated: 24 October 2023
1. What Personal Information we collect
2. What we do with the Personal Information we gather
3. When we Disclose Personal Information
4. How we Collect Information using Technology
5. Your Choices
1. ABOUT US
1.2. We are a disclosed ticketing agent selling tickets via the DICE Platform on behalf of promoters, organisers, managers, artists and venues of music, entertainment, sports and similar events (the “Event Partners”).
3. COLLECTED INFORMATION
3.2. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Payment card and billing details – when you buy tickets via the DICE Platform, we will need your payment and billing information (such as your address and postcode) so we can handle the payment, processing and despatch of ticket orders;
- Location data – we may collect your IP address, and if you allow us to connect to your device’s geolocation functionality, we may collect your GPS data. We will use the location data to improve personalised recommendations on the DICE Platform on what events are taking place near you. You can turn off the App's ability to access your geolocation at any time through your device’s general or privacy settings;
- Your image or recordings – we might get photographs, audio or video recordings of events listed on the DICE Platform. We may reproduce and/or publish your image (as part of a general photograph of an event) on the DICE Platform and in other promotional materials, social networking channels and other materials related to the DICE Platform;
- Your preferences – we may collect information about your purchase history, events you have viewed, attended or enquired about, any events you have joined a waiting list for, shared or invited people to attend and any feedback you may give or reviews you may submit;
- Music library (e.g. Spotify or Apple Music) – if you allow us to connect to your music library, we may collect and hold information on your musical interests so we can improve the personalised recommendations through the DICE Platform and invite you to artists special experiences;
- Your interactions with us – for example if you send us information via email, survey, social media, customer service communications or other methods, this may be stored on our systems; and
- Technical information – when you use the DICE Platform, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including the location, IP address, strictly necessary cookie information and details about the page you requested. We also collect information regarding your use of the DICE Platform, mobile device information and browser information.
4.2. We use the following cookies on our website and/or our app:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that we require to operate our website and app. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and app, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. We also include among these cookies a combination of Google Analytics and proprietary tracking cookies that allow us to attribute purchases to partners, which is necessary for us to be able to fulfil our obligations under these agreements as our business model relies on it. This data is intended for internal use only and short expiry periods are set. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website and app when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website and app work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. Where this information is used for any marketing purposes, we will ask for your consent first.
4.4 The cookies described above will be installed when you download the app. If you have any questions about them, you can contact us at email@example.com before downloading the app. You can change your cookie preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.5 You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited. Browsers also allow you to control access to cookies. You can find below the links providing information about how you can do this for the major browsers:
1We use both Session and Persistent cookies: Session cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and link the actions of a user during a browsing session. They are temporary and expire at the end of a browser session, normally when you exit the browser.
- Persistent cookies. This category encompasses all cookies that are stored on a user’s device in-between sessions. All persistent cookies have an expiration date written into their code, but their duration can vary for each category or specific cookie. The persistent cookies we use normally expire after six months. If you require more information regarding the duration of a particular cookie used by us, please contact us on email@example.com.
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. As well as the purposes described above at Clause 3.1, we use your personal information to:
- run the DICE platform or any other purposes required in order to allow us to provide the DICE Platform to you;
- communicate with you via email, SMS, in-App notifications and push notifications about your purchases on the DICE Platform, including tickets (and the events they relate to) and any other non-ticket items;
- fulfil your orders for tickets and other non-ticket items purchased via the DICE Platform;
- provide better content, services, marketing, and support to you. For example, we may need to use your information to administer your account or provide you with information in connection with any purchases or events you have expressed an interest in;
- run and provide any competitions available to you via the DICE Platform and communicate with you about those competitions. If entering into a competition, please read the terms and conditions relating to that competition as these may include specific terms regarding your personal data;
- to profile individual and demographic trends of events you attend or interest you show in certain events and artists. This helps us to provide recommendations of similar things you might like or find interesting (via the Discovery feature or otherwise), both to you and to others. We do this by making assumptions based on an analysis of the information we hold, including the events you have viewed, waiting lists you have joined, and tickets you have purchased. For example, if you purchased tickets to an event, we might show you more events of this specific genre or type, or events by similar artists;
- to serve advertising, including through email and other means;
- to respond to your questions or complaints;
- Other users at DICE. Any DICE users with your phone number will be able to see whether you have an account with DICE when using certain features, such as sending tickets to a friend; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
5.2. We also use information that we collect about you to for operational purposes, including:
- to provide customer service, including to respond to your enquiries and answer any of your requests for information;
- carry out verification checks, including to verify your identity when collecting tickets at a venue, to check that you meet any minimum age requirements, or to check that any restrictions on the reselling of tickets have been complied with;
- to send you important information regarding our services, or other technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under any applicable law, to enforce our rights or to respond to requests from law enforcement and any other government authorities.
5.3. As explained in Clause 3.1, we use your personal data on the following legal bases:
- your consent;
- as necessary to perform a contract that you have entered;; and/or
- to comply with a legal obligation.
5.4. We may anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purpose we deem appropriate.
6.1. We may send you marketing communications via email and push notifications. If you do not want to receive any marketing emails from us, you can edit your preferences in the communication controls centre in App (called ‘Messages’) or unsubscribe from emails by following the unsubscribe directions provided in the footer of each one. If you do not want to receive push notifications from us you may opt out by changing your preferences in the ‘Messages’ control centre in the App or change the appropriate settings directly on your mobile device. Please note that to access the communication controls centre (‘Messages’) you must have the App version 3.17.0 or above.
6.3.We may pass your details to the relevant Event Partner or third party so that they can contact you for marketing purposes. If you change your mind and do not want to receive such marketing messages, you can opt out by contacting that third party direct or by unsubscribing using any available ‘unsubscribe’ link or similar in that third party’s emails to you. Alternatively, to opt out of marketing messages for all third parties, you could edit your preferences in the communication controls centre in App (called ‘Messages’). We will notify the relevant third parties of your change in preferences, normally within 7 business days. Note that it may take longer for each third party to action your request.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Agents and suppliers – We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including our storage providers, HR and recruitment service providers, communications providers, CRM providers, marketing providers, payment processing suppliers and data analytics services providers. We do not share your personal information with our agents or suppliers except as is necessary in order to enable them to provide us with a service.
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of third-party recipients:
We may share your personal data with cloud storage providers.
We may share your personal data with analytics and search engine service providers.
Administration and support tools
We may share your personal data with support software providers.
We may share your personal data with emailing service providers.
We may share your personal data with CRM (customer relationship management) providers.
We may share your personal data with online payment processing providers.
Messaging and collaboration tools
We may share your personal data with messaging and collaboration software providers.
2. Third Parties – We may integrate with other third party products and services such as Spotify to enable certain features of the Services. We do not share your personal information with them except as is necessary in order to allow them to perform the features requiring their integration.
3. Competition partners – When offering competitions or other prize draws, via the DICE Platform, we may process your personal data in order to manage your entry and contact you if you are a winner. We may share your name and country of residence with anyone who asks for winner’s details, and we may use your name and image in publicity materials as we see fit. We may share your personal information with our competition partner to allow them to administer the competition (e.g. arranging for the prize to be provided to the winner).
4. Event Partners – We are a ticketing agent, so we sell you tickets to events on behalf of the Event Partner for that event. So, we need to share your personal details with them and other parties involved in the provision of the event (such as the venue) so they can provide you with information about the event such as last-minute changes, or for the purposes of ticket validation when you enter a venue. We may also need to share your information with them in terms of sales control. Event partners can access customer information such as name, email address, ID, country of origin and a phone number, and we may share this information with them if this is needed for them to comply with any legal requirements or obligations that they are subject to. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of any third parties, and if you wish to complain about the use of your personal information by any third party then you should contact them directly.
5. Artists - If you follow an artist using the App, we may also share your information with them. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of any third parties, and if you wish to complain about the use of your personal information by any third party then you should contact them directly.
6. Other reasons – We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business and in some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, either because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it, to enforce our legal rights, or to prevent fraud or ticket-touting/resale for example.
7.2. We may also provide our partners with anonymous information about how users, collectively, use the App and website so that they can understand how often people use their services, the App and the website.
8. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
8.1. If you give us information (including personal information) on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has given you permission to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you:
- can provide their personal information to us;
- have obtained their consent to the processing of their personal information;
- can receive on their behalf any data protection notices; and
- have obtained their consent to the transfer of the individual’s personal information abroad.
8.2. Such consent should be proved by providing DICE with the written authorisation from the individual or the document which demonstrates power to represent him or her. In case these documents are not available, additional alternatives can be settled.
9. DATA RETENTION
9.2. We may delete accounts or specific information before account deactivation where we believe it may no longer be relevant or where an account has been inactive for more than a year. Purchase history may be deleted after 8 years.
For more details about our retention periods, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Security, and international Data Transfers.
10.1 In order to help prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of personal information, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the personal information we collect.
10.3 Even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
10.4 By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Canada Personal information that we collect may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities, including in the United States and the UK. Personal information processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws. By using our site, App, or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
11. YOUR RIGHTS
11.2. Anonymity - Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
11.3. Restrict - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
11.3. Access - You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you, subject to limits set out in the applicable law. An nominal administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
11.3. Correction - If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us or email us at email@example.com. To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
11. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website and app may contain links to other websites that may interest you. However, once you have used these links to leave our website or app, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
12. CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
Should you have any questions, or complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us at email@example.com.