This policy was last updated on 24 October 2023
1. ABOUT US
1.2. We are a disclosed ticketing agent selling tickets via the DICE Platform on behalf of promoters, organisers, managers, artists and venues of music, entertainment, sports and similar events (the “Event Partners”).
3. COLLECTED INFORMATION
3.1. All personal information you provide to us when registering with the Services, interacting with us, and any personal information generated by your navigation and use of the Services, will be processed and stored by DICE to manage registration and ticket sales. We also use this information to analyse trends in our users' behaviour to help us to determine your preferences, habits, tastes, geographic location and favourite artists and events in order to maximise your use and enjoyment of the Services; this is the Discovery feature. Additionally, we may take some information from the email communications between you and DICE and store it in separate documents. Where you are an Artist or Event Partner, we may collect your personal information directly from you, your business partners, colleagues and open internet sources. We have further listed the ways in which we use your personal information at Clause 5 below.
3.2. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Payment card and billing details – when you buy tickets via the DICE Platform, we will need your payment and billing information (such as your address and postcode) so we can handle the processing and despatch of ticket orders;
- Location data – we may collect your IP address, and if you allow us to connect to your device’s geolocation functionality, we may collect your GPS data. We will use the location data to improve personalised recommendations on the DICE Platform on what events are taking place near you. You can turn off the App's ability to access your geolocation at any time through your device’s general or privacy settings;
- Your image or recordings – we might get photographs, audio or video recordings of events listed on the DICE Platform. We may reproduce and/or publish your image, or share this with the Event Partner to reproduce and/or publish (as part of a general photograph of an event) on the DICE Platform and in other promotional materials, social networking channels and other materials related to the DICE Platform;
- Your preferences – we may collect information about your purchase history, events you have viewed, attended or enquired about, any events you have joined a waiting list for, shared or invited people to attend and any feedback you may give or reviews you may submit;
- Music library (e.g. Spotify or Apple Music) – if you allow us to connect to your music library, we may collect and hold information on your musical interests so we can improve the personalised recommendations through the DICE Platform and invite you to artists special experiences;
- Your interactions with us – for example if you send us information via email, survey, social media, customer service communications or other methods, this may be stored on our systems; and
- Technical information – when you use the DICE Platform, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including the location, IP address, strictly necessary cookie information and details about the page you requested. We also collect information regarding your use of the DICE Platform, mobile device information and browser information.
- Feedback - when conducting a survey, we may collect your views, opinions and suggestions.
4.2. We use the following cookies on our website and/or our app:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that we require to operate our website and app. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and app, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. We also include among these cookies a combination of Google Analytics and proprietary tracking cookies that allow us to attribute purchases to partners, which is necessary for us to be able to fulfil our obligations under these agreements as our business model relies on it. This data is intended for internal use only and short expiry periods are set. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or our DPO at email@example.com for further information.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website and app when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website and app works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Preference Cookies. These cookies help us to customise and improve your experience. They are used to recognise important information about your preferences so we can personalise our content for you. Although they are not vital for our website to run, without them, certain functions of our website may not be available.
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. Where this information is used for any marketing purposes, we will ask for your consent first.
5. Marketing cookies. These are cookies that are used to target advertising to a user (behaviour targeting), including Facebook Conversion API through which data will be shared with us and/or our Event Partners for marketing purposes, as well as being shared with Facebook/Meta.
4.4 The cookies described above will be installed when you download the app. If you have any questions about them, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before downloading the app. You can change your cookie preferences at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
4.5 Please note that when you access or use our services through third-party websites, such as our Event Partners' websites, we may share some information with them when you perform certain actions in the purchase flow. We will not use any cookies or pixels for these purposes. These third parties or Event Partners will only be able to use this data for marketing purposes if you provide your consent on their website. We may not be able to erase your data in new sessions if there is no way for us to identify you.
4.6 You can delete all cookies that are already on your device by clearing the browsing history of your browser. This will remove all cookies from all websites you have visited. Browsers also allow you to control access to cookies. You can find below the links providing information about how you can do this for the major browsers:
- Session cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and link the actions of a user during a browsing session. They are temporary and expire at the end of a browser session, normally when you exit the browser.
- Persistent cookies. This category encompasses all cookies that are stored on a user’s device in-between sessions. All persistent cookies have an expiration date written into their code, but their duration can vary for each category or specific cookie. The persistent cookies we use normally expire after six months. If you require more information regarding the duration of a particular cookie used by us, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. As well as the purposes described above at Clause 3.1, we use the personal information we collect to:
- administer the App and the Services or any other purposes required in order to allow us to provide the Services;
- communicate with you via email, SMS, in-App notifications and push notifications about your purchases via the Services, including tickets (and the events they relate to) and any other non-ticket items;
- fulfil your orders for tickets and other non-ticket items purchased via the Services;
- provide better content, services, marketing, and support to you. For example, we may need to use your information to administer your account or provide you with information in connection with any purchases or events you have expressed an interest in;
- perform our contract with Event Partners and/or Artists;
- provide information in relation to the Services;
- promote the events features on the Services;
- improve the Services, including by means of website and App data analytics;
- administer business relationships with Event Partners in order to allow us to provide the Services, including to provide customer service to Event Partners;
- consider your employment application, and communicate with you in relation to such employment application;
- perform HR and recruitment analytics;
- administer and fulfil any competitions available to users via the Services and communicate with you about those competitions. Note that there may be specific terms in the competition terms and conditions relating to your personal information; and
- to profile individual and demographic trends of people attending or showing an interest in certain events or artists. This helps us to provide you with recommendations of similar things you might like or find interesting, via the Discovery feature or otherwise. We do this by making assumptions based on an analysis of the information we hold, including the events you have viewed, waiting lists you have joined, and tickets you have purchased. For example, if you purchased tickets to an event, we might show you more events of this specific genre or type, or events by similar artists. In a similar way, we may share your email address with social media providers and search engines to show you and other audiences more relevant ads on social media you are member of and search engines you use.
- Other users at DICE. Any DICE users with your phone number will be able to see whether you have an account with DICE when using certain features, such as sending tickets to a friend.
5.2. We also use the information that we collect about you for operational purposes, including:
- to provide customer service, including to respond to your enquiries and fulfil any of your requests for information;
- carry out verification checks, including to verify your identity when collecting tickets at a venue, to check that you meet any minimum age requirements, or to check that any restrictions on the reselling of tickets have been complied with;
- to send you important information regarding the Services, or other technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- for the purposes of MIO account access (as further described in the MIO User Guidelines); and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law, to enforce our rights or to respond to requests from law enforcement and other government authorities.
6.1. We may send you marketing communications via email and push notifications. On registration, we will ask you if you consent to (1) receiving updates about competitions, prizes and what is going on at DICE, which can include updates about events, artists, new features, merchandise, offers and more; and (2) taking part in surveys, fan tests and more. You are given the opportunity to opt in to marketing communications and push notifications on registration. If you change your mind and do not want to receive any marketing emails from us, you can edit your preferences in the communication controls centre in App (called ‘Messages’) or unsubscribe from emails by following the unsubscribe directions provided in the footer of each one. If you do not want to receive push notifications from us you may opt out by changing your preferences in the ‘Messages’ control centre in the App or change the appropriate settings directly on your mobile device. Please note that to access the communication controls centre (‘Messages’) you must have the App version 3.17.0 or above.
6.3. On registration, we will also ask you to provide your consent to receive marketing messages from our Event Partners and other third parties involved in the provision of an event you have purchased ticket(s) to. If you opt in to such marketing messages, we will pass your details to the relevant Event Partner or third party so that they can contact you for this purpose. If you change your mind and do not want to receive such marketing messages, you can opt out by contacting that third party direct or by unsubscribing using any available ‘unsubscribe’ link or similar in that third party’s emails to you. Alternatively, to opt out of marketing messages for all third parties, you could edit your preferences in the communication controls centre in App (called ‘Messages’). We will notify the relevant third parties of your change in preferences, normally within 7 business days. Note that it may take longer for each third party to action your request.
6.4. On registration, we will also ask you if you consent to take part in surveys, fan tests and more.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Agents and suppliers – We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including our storage providers, HR and recruitment service providers, communications providers, CRM providers, marketing providers, payment processing suppliers and data analytics services providers. We do not share your personal information with our agents or suppliers except as is necessary in order to enable them to provide us with a service.
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of third-party recipients:
|Hosting||We may share your personal data with cloud storage providers.|
|Analytic tools||We may share your personal data with analytics and search engine service providers.|
|Administration and support tools||We may share your personal data with support software providers.|
|Emailing||We may share your personal data with emailing service providers.|
|CRM||We may share your personal data with CRM providers.|
|Payment processing||We may share your personal data with online payment processing providers.|
|Messaging and collaboration tools||We may share your personal data with messaging and collaboration software providers.|
|Online survey tools||We may share your personal data with online survey tool service providers.|
|Any individual who joins a group using our ‘Groups’ feature||Your name (as it appears in the DICE app) will be visible to anyone who joins a group that you are part of using DICE’s ‘Groups’ feature.|
2. Third Parties – We may integrate with other third party products and services such as Spotify to enable certain features of the Services. We do not share your personal information with them except as is necessary in order to allow them to perform the features requiring their integration.
3. Competition partners – When offering competitions or other prize draw, via the Services, we may process your personal information in order to manage your entry and contact you if you are a winner.
- We may share your name and country of residence with anyone who asks for winner’s details; and
- We may use your name and image in publicity materials as we see fit.
We may share your personal information with our competition partner for the purpose of administering the competition (for example, arranging for the prize to be provided to the winner).
4. Event Partners – We are a ticketing agent, so we sell you tickets to events on behalf of the Event Partner for that event. Because of this, under some circumstances, we need to share your personal details with these Event Partners as well as with other parties involved in the provision of the event (such as the venue). These include:
- First name, last name, email address, phone number, ticket type and time of purchase for operational purposes so Event Partners can provide you with relevant information about the event including last minute changes and/or cancellations, or for the purposes of ticket validation when you enter a venue, on the basis of contract;
- Location information; age and ticket purchase history for sales control and aggregated statistics on the basis of legitimate interest;
- Any personal information required for public health reasons as per any legal obligation to which our Event Partners are subject on the basis of third-party’s legitimate interest;
- Any other information which we may need to share to comply with a legal requirement;
- Hashed email address and phone number, action name (e.g. ‘purchase’, ‘initiate checkout’ or ‘page view’), and the DICE event ID for the purposes of marketing cookies (see clause 5.1.5 for more information).
- Marketing opt-in data including full name, email address, ticket type and opt in date and time where you have opted-in the receive third party marketing when signing up with DICE.
We are not responsible or liable for the actions of any third parties. Should you wish to complain about the use of your personal information by any third party, then you should contact them directly.
5. Artists - If you follow an artist using the App, we may also share your information with them. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of any third parties, and if you wish to complain about the use of your personal information by any third party then you should contact them directly.
6. Cookie providers - where third-party cookies or similar technologies are used, we may share your data with the relevant cookie provider if you have consented to the cookie being set. Please see clause 5 for further information.
7. Other reasons – We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business and in some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, either because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it, to enforce our legal rights, or to prevent fraud or ticket-touting for example.
7.2. We may also provide our partners with anonymous information about how users, collectively, use the App and website so that they can understand how often people use their services, the App and the website.
7.3. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
8. INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER INDIVIDUALS
8.1. If you give us information (including personal information) on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has given you permission to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- provide their personal information to us;
- give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal information;
- receive on their behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of the individual’s personal information abroad.
8.2. Such consent should be proved by providing DICE with the written authorisation from the individual or the document which demonstrates power to represent him or her. In case these documents are not available, additional alternatives can be settled.
9. DATA RETENTION
9.2. We calculate the appropriate retention period for your data by considering the nature and sensitivity of the data, the purposes for which we are processing the data, and any applicable statutory retention periods. Using these criteria, we regularly review the personal data which we hold and the purposes for which it is held and processed. Once processing has been completed, we may securely delete or anonymise your personal data.
9.3. We may delete your account or specific information before deactivating your account if we believe it may no longer be relevant, or where an account has been inactive for more than a year. Purchase history may be deleted after 7 years.
If you would like any more information about our retention periods, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.2. Anonymity - Where practicable we will give you the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us.
10.3. Restrict - If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
10.3. Access - You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information.
10.3. Correction - If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please write to us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
Should you have any complaints about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. Should we be unable to resolve your complaint and you wish to take your complaint further, you may do so by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.