Village Underground Accessibility FAQ Village Underground Accessibility FAQ

Village Underground Accessibility FAQ


Village Underground is an unseated venue for most of our events, but we have solutions to help ensure that as many people as possible are able to attend our shows. If in any doubt, please see our FAQs below, or contact our ticketing partner DICE via their Help Centre with any queries. 

Please note that once a show is completely sold-out, we are not always able to accommodate all access requests, due to our venue capacity.



For all live music events we have a seated platform area for customers for wheelchair users and those who need to be seated. You can purchase a ticket for this access platform via our ticketing partner DICE. These tickets automatically include a free companion ticket. If you do not require the companion ticket, please get in touch with the DICE Help Centre to let us know, and we will reallocate the space to another customer.

For any other access requirements, please see our FAQ below or contact DICE here who will assist with any adjustments or further information.



We are unable to provide a viewing platform for these events. For wheelchair users, we have tickets available to purchase through our ticketing partner DICE which include a free companion ticket.

For all other access requirements, please see our FAQ below or contact DICE through their help centre who will assist with any adjustments or further information.



How do I purchase an accessible ticket for myself and my carer? 

We have a limited number of tickets for each event, available through DICE, which grants you access to our viewing platform. All access tickets include free entry for 1 carer, priority entry, and a seat/wheelchair space. If these tickets are sold out, please contact DICE here, as we may still be able to accommodate, on a first come first served basis.


What if I only need free entry for my companion? 

If you only require a free carer ticket please contact DICE through the Help Centre and they can assist you. Please note in this instance, the person accompanying the carer will still need to purchase a general access ticket to enter.


I have an access requirement not listed here, what should i do? 

If you have any queries or would like more information about access please contact DICE here.


What to expect on arrival for shows? 

If you have purchased an access ticket when you arrive at the venue please come to the front and ask our door staff for the duty manager who will be aware of any requirements and assist you inside the venue. 

Live show -  We have 2 entrances/exits – one is located on Holywell Lane and has a couple of steps, the other is located on Great Eastern Street and is fully accessible. There is permanent ramp access to the accessible viewing area where we have a raised platform and offer seating or wheelchair space. We do not have an accessible bar however we can provide a bartender if a customer is without a carer. 

Club show - We have 2 entrances/exits – one is located on Holywell Lane and has a couple of steps, the other is located on Great Eastern Street and is fully accessible.  There is no viewing platform available on club nights but we welcome wheelchair users and offer free carer entry. 


Do you have an accessible toilet? 

We have one dedicated accessible toilet. This is located at the front of the building next to the cloakroom area. It is accessible via the ramp from the main floor.


Do you have disabled parking? 

Blue bay parking can be found reasonably close to the venue – there is an online map here


Can I bring my assistance animal to the show? 

Assistance animals may be allowed into the venue depending on the type of event. Please contact DICE here.


Can I bring food, drink and medication into the venue, if I have a medical condition? 

Yes, you are more than welcome to bring any necessary food and drinks for medical reasons. If you are arriving with any medical items, to prevent any security related concerns on the door, please bring your prescription along with ID. If you’re bringing sharps or liquids, we may ask you for supporting documents such as a prescription or doctor’s note.


Do you use strobe lighting? I suffer with photosensitive epilepsy? 

We do use strobe and flashing lighting in the venue, so if you need any further information about this please contact DICE.


Are there any other areas away from the crowd in the venue? 

If you also would like early access to the venue to familiarise yourself with the space ahead of the crowds, please contact DICE and this is something we can arrange for you.  Please note, other than our viewing platform, we cannot guarantee space away from the crowds due to limited space. You are always welcome to take a break outside to get some air. Please ask the staff for the duty manager if you need, and they will be able to assist you out of the venue.


Would three of us be able to sit/stand with my partner in the accessible seating area next to the stage?

Unfortunately, as space is limited in the accessible seating area, we can only accommodate one person plus their carer or buddy. Anyone else in the group will need to stand elsewhere in the venue. 


Do we require paperwork to prove accessibility needs?

You may be asked for paperwork to prove eligibility for your access tickets. 

The following is a list of paperwork we will recognise, but this is not exhaustive, and we’ll consider each application on a case-by-case basis and will not exclude anyone with a reasonable request for a ticket if we can accommodate them:

  • A statement of higher or middle rate disability living allowance (DLA)
  • Receipt of either the Severe Disablement Allowance or Attendance Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Qualifying annual uprating letter
  • The Access Card (Details available from
  • Registration document which certifies that you are Registered Blind or Partially Sighted
  • Veterans Agency letter confirming War Disablement Pension
  • A personal letter outlining your access requirements from your hospital specialist (within reasonable date)
  • If resident outside of UK please use equivalent documentation